Re: 7.1Hz, how the heck did Tesla succeed?

" >      I'd have to look up his reference but he says that "only a few
 > horsepower" are needed to excite his antenna; I take that to mean
loss.

Ah, I remember that.  You're right, it would take WAY more than "a few
horsepower" to run Wardenclyffe if nobody was loading it.  But the Corum
paper said ~1 megawatt.  Was "few horsepower" about Wardenclyffe or
about
some other unit?"

	I can't remember but think it may have been more general than just
Wardenclyffe.

"But if those total corona/resistive losses at present are in the
megawatts, then a Tesla system with megawatt losses wouldn't be ridulous
in comparison.  The world system isn't like a power line, it's like a
worldwide power grid, so we need to compare it to at least the USA power
grid."

	As I recall Tesla wasn't talking about very many megawatts
(megahorsepower?).

Ed