static motor rotary spark gap

Original poster: "Steven Steele" <sbsteele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The ring lightning thread gave me a great idea!
Static motors are very easy to make and have the potential to spin very
fast.
I'll upload some links to static motors once I get my internet
working(storming over here).
Anyway, I think if you do it right, you can always get it to spin a just the
jught speed... I think.
Personally, I feel that someone should try it but my TC never really ran at
its full potential. I think it just needs a better toroid and a few more
turns on the primary, which I will return to Adam as soon as I can. Then I
will build my own.
Speaking of which, Adam, where in the ATL did you find half inch Plexiglas?
I tried Home Depot and they only had 1/4 inch, which is why my attempt to
build a primary failed miserably. Well, one of the reasons anywy. The other
reason being that I used wire instead of tube.The wire is hard to
manipulate.
Oh well. I hope one of ya'll will try my idea.

Hint: For the annode and cathode of the static motor, I  would stick wire in
a block of styrofoam and put a strip of aluminum on it. (this is of course
only if you intend to derive the power for it from the secondary of the TC.
If you draw i from a waeker power source, you do not need to do this. It is
simply a precaution to prevent the motor body from burning up due to
arcing.)

Happy building :)

Steven Steele