RE: Displacement current- is it real (was 7.1Hz)

Original poster: "David Thomson" <dwt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Terry,

> In radio waves, the electrons really don't have to move far,
> they only have to wiggle around, so displacement currents
> could act far more as told.
>
> Maxwell's displacement current idea is rather unique in that
> it is probably not quite right, but very difficult to prove
> wrong. The equations simply works for all cases...

Maxwell developed his theories based on the assumption that the
Aether exists.  As in the case with Newton, nobody could believe
in action at a distance without something intervening in between.
The concept of fields was developed to replace the concept of
Aether.  Fields are considered to be non-existent artifacts of
physics and not real entities.  If the fields turned out to be
real, then the concept of Aether would be proven.  And if the
concept of Aether is proven, then Einstein's Special Relativity
Theory collapses like a house of cards.

It's easy to see why there is so much animosity to the concept of
displacement currents.  If the displacement currents exist, then
something is being displaced, which could be called the Aether.

> It will be figured out someday (probably soon), but I think
> it will be our atomic physics friends who can mess with
> electrons on the sub atomic level...

The data already exists to figure out this situation.  I have
already worked out the basics of physics, all based upon the
presently accepted quantum measurements.  The displacement
currents are occurring just as Tesla predicted, though a medium.
Tesla worked with displacement currents in several distinct
mediums; molecules of copper, rarefied gases, the Earth's
electrostatic field, and the Aether.

The problem about Tesla is that his pride caused him to denounce
EM radiation.  The fact is that both EM radiation and
displacement currents are both valid means for transmitting
signals.  The EM radiation is a ballistic theory based upon
shooting photons across a distance, but displacement currents are
a compression wave theory based upon lateral displacements within
a medium.  They are two distinctly different modes of physics
based upon the exact same physical objects (namely electrons).
And it is possible because the electron has two distinct
manifestations of charge.

Dave