Re: Ring lightning

Motosk8er2? or is it Andrew?

It seems that most of us (myself not included) are stuck on the
"7.1 Hz" and the "20 j/100 bps vs 4j/500 bps" threads to the
point that any question in regards to something outside of these
subject headings is getting ignored. You would have probably
already gotten a response to your inquiry had you placed your
posting under one of these subjects ;^) Anyway, I think what you
are referring to is where you take a 6" to 8" long piece of appr.
10 AWG solid copper wire and bend about 1" of each end
at 90 degrees and with the two ends bent 180 degrees apart
from each other (picture an elongated letter "Z"). The center of
this piece of copper wire is flattened with a small indintation to
rest on a needle point electrode that's attached to the Tesla coil's output.
When energized, the ionic wind effect of the plasma from the ends causes
a thrust that  will spin the "Z-shaped" piece of copper wire around
like a pin-wheel if it is properly balanced on the needle point electrode.
I think that you'll need at least a medium powered coil to provide
adequate force to give it a nice high speed spin. Oh yeah, you
should also grind off both of the bent ends to a sharp, needle point
for maximum plasma spray effect.

David Rieben

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Monday, July 18, 2005 8:21 PM Subject: Ring lightning

Original poster: Motosk8er2@xxxxxxx
Andrew,
Well my other post didnt get much attention so im trying a diffrent more approprite name. I have seen numerous times a object sitting on top of a tesla coil spinning and emmitting lightning. What is this and how do i make one. Sorry for my lack of knowledge and my bad spelling lol.