Re: Ace Hardware grinder Sync conversion?

Hi Jim,

I think you could just make a gap rotor like a grinding wheel. Just make a rotor that fits like a grinding wheel stone and you can use it as a grinder and sync gap.

Any AC induction motor that is not welded together can be converted by grinding flats in the rotor:

http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/Misc/syncmot.zip

http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/Misc/sync_motor.txt

It will run hotter, but since your's is big, is should still easily have enough power for grinding too...

The motor will run at 3600.00... RPM so two electrodes would do 120 BPS. It will always sync up the first time, every time. It will be a big high speed spinning thing, so balance and guards are needed incase anything flies apart.

Cheers,

        Terry