Re: 7.1Hz, how the heck did Tesla succeed?

"Sure, but Q is energy lost vs energy stored in one cycle. In a time
varying system what's the period of one cycle? Q is a nice shorthand
to compare various resonant systems, but except for trivial systems
it doesn't work all that well. Probably a better way to look at it is
in terms of phase noise."

	The definition of Q I was taught was really ratio of energy stored to
dissipated per cycle, not in one.  Q has always been a useful parameter
for me.  It's a measure of (reciprocal) loss and not of noise per se.

Ed