Re: 7.1Hz, Frequency variation and Q

I haven't seen any discussion here as the inconsistency betwen the
resonances being so hard to observe and Tesla's claimed performance for
his system.  If it could really work the signals at the various
resonances should be enormous.  Even if the phasing of the lightning
excitation were completely random the voltage would still be measurable
in millivolts or volts and simple receivers should work fine.  They
don't.

	I'd like to see some proponent of the system use one of the various
Tesla coil design programs to design a system that could work at 7.1 Hz
with a power of say only one megawatt.  How big would the coil be?  How
much wire of what size?  Topload?  Estimate of losses?  (For the latter
calculating the DC resistance of the wire would give a lower limit.)
All the work in doing the calculation has already been done - someone
should take advantage of it.

Ed