To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2005 1:28 AM
Subject: Re: Nice spark picture!

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Antonio
This lightning picture looks 'wrong' and I wonder if it is a fake. The lightning colour has a sunset yellow cast. It should be white/violet unless altered by dust/smoke, exposure or post processing, but it seems very uniform for this comparing the top vs the bottom of the strike. The nature of the streamers just doesn't seem right, perhaps not chaotic enough compared to other lightning strikes. What do you think?
Peter

A nice lightning picture:
http://www.altrue.net/altruesite/files/americanlegacycorps/lightning.JPG

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz