Re: 7.1Hz, how the heck did Tesla succeed?

Original poster: Charles Brush <cfbrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,

Much of this discussion has focused on EM transmission theory but it always seemed to me that Tesla was focused more on electric or electrostatic fields rather than magnetic fields. There is a very interesting web page authored by Oliver Nichelson that talks in depth about this, and he makes a pretty good case for an electrostatic induction based system. No idea if it is any more workable that EM, but it seems fit more with what Telsa was describing (giant terminals, very high potentials, non-Hertzian, etc.):

http://prometheus.al.ru/phisik/wireless.htm

I'd be interested in hearing any comments on this.

Zap!

Charles Brush http://www.ElectricMuseum.com