Re: 20 joules at 100 bps vs 4 joules at 500 bps

Hello father....

Yes, if you say lower the bang energy, you will need to make the toroid smaller to get to the same voltage (assuming the toroid does breakout at a lower voltage). The smaller toroid will have smaller "reach" and the sparks will be shorter. I do believe that sqrt(bang energy) has got to be for a single bang.

Gerry R.

Original poster: "father dest" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Original poster: boris petkovic <<mailto:petkovic7@xxxxxxxxx>petkovic7@xxxxxxxxx>

>I would say the relation Lenght::SQRT(bang energy) is
>more suitable for a single shot discharge test on a
>given coil.IOW,in this case Lenght~Vout is a strong
>depedence in a typical TC output potentials ballpark.

Vout could be the same at different bang energy - we just have to change the toroid size.
then, does the "Lenght~Vout" contradict with "Lenght::SQRT(bang energy)"?