Re: Help with my rotary gap (and other tuning problems).....

Original poster: "Adam R." <arabraxas@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Its odd, again, I fired it up, and the fuse immediatly blew (after the variac hummmed for a second), but once the fuse was gone, the variac worked again. The cap seems to be acting as a short to the variac.

I'm not very familiar with the variac: it was the numbers on it (1-5) for leads, how can I tell which ones are hot, neutral, etc? I was just asuming they were standard....

any other suggestions on to why the fuse is blowing?