Re: 7.1Hz, how the heck did Tesla succeed?

Original poster: Harvey Norris <harvich@xxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: William Beaty <billb@xxxxxxxxxx>
>

>  >  > Or could he even have made a 60Hz extra coil?
> With such low
>  >  > frequencies a non-resonant air-core
> transformer could easily be driven
>  >  > by mechanical AC generators, and only the
> "extra coil" would need to
>  >  > be resonant.  But the wandering
> Earth-resonance frequency would still
>  >  > be a problem.
Of interest to the fact I placed a large induction
coil to 60 hz resonance; whereby a 20 inch grounded
neon  connnected to the LC midpoint would then blink ~
24 times per sec; or 12 hz, close to the so called
earth resonant freq. If the 120 VAC coil voltage were
driven by variac through an isolation transformer then
the neon does not blink.

>  > A big problem I see with transmission schemes
> proposed by Tesla and
>  > others is that you would really want to supress
> lightning to avoid
>  > periodic shorting and loss of power in the system
> and the global
>  > frequency of lightning is a lot higher than 7-odd
> Hz (more like 100Hz
>  > IIR).
>
> But we already know that lightning doesn't short the
> system.  We have
> simple evidence that no shorting occurs: the Earth's
> vertical E-field
> changes only slowly over 24 hours, with no enormous
> sudden shorts (or
> sudden upward jumps.) Since the resonant cavity is
> 50 odd miles thick,
> lightning doesn't come even close to reaching up to
> the conductive layer
> and causing shorts.  Now "sprites and jets", they
> might have a chance of
> causing a short.  But e-field meters would
> immediately tell us if this was
> happening.  I think the main loss is because of air
> conductivity; because
> at altitudes higher than a few hundred feet the air
> is ionized by cosmic
> background radiation.  But as the Corum/Spaniol
> paper points out, this
> loss appears across the transmitter.  It doesn't
> appear in series between
> transmitter and receiver.  All continent-wide power
> grids have similar
> losses because of corona and surface leakage across
> insulators.
>

>  >        I thought the Corums were supposed to have
> had some kind of
>  > scheme happening several years ago. Personally I
> am not as optimistic
>  > as some. Somebody please prove me wrong.
>
> I've seen Corum papers about this, but hadn't heard
> that they'd actually
> tried sending out VLF power.  (How do you make a
> tesla coil transmit
> 100Hz?)  If they had sufficient funding, and they
> tried and failed, then
> that's more evidence that the task is impossible (or
> perhaps only
> difficult.)   On the other hand, did they figure out
> how to send out 100Hz
> radiation?    If they didn't use my "pulsed UV
> beams" idea, how did they
> do it?
There is still the question of special coil geometry
to enhance internal capacity: and to decrease rather
then increase the electrical progation speed of the
impulse; however reductions of this nature to the
actual resonant frequency of the earth are
unquestionably large. The first thing that needs to be
determined  is the making of a coil structure that
literally resonates to the frequency of its generator,
without an added capacity in series as an LC
construct, but rather the internal capacity of the
coil vastly reduces its acting resonant frequency.
With 500 hz as the limiting frequency constraint, and
assuming a wire square section of 500 winds being
wound with a ten foot diameter ring; if the windings
are laid diagonally rather then the conventional
method of lateral zig zag layering, the increase in
internal capacity between methods is ~ six fold
acording to analysis of a 25 square array.

In truth of the matter it would seem that the magic
square combinations; made mathematically essentially
are a code for finding the coil winding route that
will enable the coil to have its maximum internal
capacity. On 2nd and 3rd order magic squares  more
intriguing possibilities present themselves. In the
2nd order square of 16,64,144 arrays ect only half of
the winding routes need move in order to make for a
balanced state. What this means is that provided the
use of diodes or commutation; if the wire length is
long enough the generator will see open circuit when
taking the magic path, and regular primary circuit
upon reverse of polarity.
HDN