re: How could a pulse cap operate in TC?

Original poster: "father dest" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Original poster: Steve Conner <<mailto:steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

>>it`s useless to write rms rating without its frequency!

>Not really. 10A RMS will heat a capacitor just the same whether it's at 1
>kHz or 500 kHz. I ignore skin effect (because it's not significant in thin
>capacitor foils at Tesla coil frequencies) and dielectric losses (because
>they are a function of voltage squared, not current squared)

correct me where i`m mistaken.

capacitor temperature is determined by the power of heating loses in it - right?
this power is determined from reactive power & dissipation factor - it`s their multiplication - right?
reactive power (at given current ratings) is proportional to the reactive resistance of the cap - right?
reactive resistance of the cap at 1 khz is 500 times more than at 500 khz - right?
so then loses at the same RMS at 1 khz would be 500 times more than at 500 khz.

---
Your not coiling unless your blowing capacitors! Then when you get things
worked out to where the capacitors stop blowing, you start blowing transformers.
(c) Richard Quick 11-03-93 20:42