Re: 7.1Hz, how the heck did Tesla succeed?

Hi,

At 02:48 PM 7/14/2005, you wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> >But this brings up a big issue.  If Tesla accomplished it, HOW DID HE DO
> >IT?
>
> He didn't.

Lol! Logical fallacy. When evidence is lacking, unproven claims remain unproven, not disproven. Without evidence, we can make no decision for or against a claim. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Woa Bill!!! I hope you have not been listening to the creationist's thing too long ;-)))

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/tactics.txt

They can trick the best of us :o)))*

Today we well understand Tesla's methods, techniques, and tools. The assertion that "he didn't" is based on the facts as we know them strongly suggesting that he simply "could not have", given what he had then. Tesla's work is not a deep mystery. Even Tesla had to deal with the same laws of physics we do today. We know the tools, we know the physics, we know the techniques, we know the claims.... They simply don't add up...

Tesla could have claimed that he traveled to the moon for a picnic... We could say "unproven claims remain unproven, not disproven." Therefore, it is "certainly possible" Tesla traveled to the moon for a picnic based on his claim that he did, isn't it??? No... He did not have the means and ability to accomplish the claimed task... It would have required him resorting to "magic"...

"I" could claim that my little DRSSTC just shot a streamer over to my "pals" in Kansas at a length of 300 miles!!!... Many would question this!! (I am sure my "loyal friends" would believe me without any further proof other than my simply having "said it" :-))))))) There are other far more likely possibilities that my many, less loyal =:O, friends would bring up, like, the streamer really only shot 3 feet over to Terry's head and "cooked" it... If Terry falls over dead, from a mysterious streamer hit to the head, and can't provide any further evidence, that does not make my claim any less silly than it ever was... Lack of any evidence, even with a "really swell" excuse, is just a profound lack of evidence...

This issue is a big one in the war between "scoffers" and "believers."
Proper skeptics say "I won't accept your claim unless you provide
evidence."  If there is no evidence, then we can ignore the assertions and
just go on as usual.  But Pseudo-skeptics go farther and say "if there's
no evidence, then your claim is disproved."

"Evidence" needs to be taken the "light" of other known facts... If Jill is accused of shooting John. We may accept that as "possible", until we find that at the moment of the fatal shot, Jill was still 3 years away from being born... If an assertion is made that seems "incredible" given other know facts, we need proof as to how the "miracle" happened... Maybe it did!! But the burden of proof shifts....

> There is no evidence that he ever got the earth to resonate using his
> equipment.

Agreed, no hard evidence.  He was an inventor, not a physicist who
constantly published papers in academic journals.  We only know what he
claimed, and what's in his notes.  Claims made by experts are not "proof,"
but they're not totally wothless either. Also, were Tesla's notes
complete?  And did he always perform experiments and write down the
results, and are all of his notebooks preserved?  If so, then you're
right, and he never demonstrated those rumored power-broadcasts over tens
of kilometers.

And we cannot "assume" that it is "true"... We cannot "base" any further evidence on it... If it is indeed fact, there is a giant amount of "proving" needed...

> He just used a receiver to measure propagation of impulses from
> lightning strikes, the same way as we measure the Schumann resonance today.

You're making a claim. Do you have evidence to back it up?

Tesla "did" directly write that one down in his notebook...

In order to
prove your assertion, you'd need to show that Tesla never performed
successful small scale power-broadcast experiments;

He did and they worked fine!!

that Tesla jumped
right in to building the Wardenclyffe tower without having tested whether
the idea was feasible.

Too big of an "issue" right here to get into that ;o)))

Terry!! Here is 50 million dollars in cash to build this world energy thingy!!! NO PROBLEM BOSS!!! I'll start work on it right now!!!!!!!!

> I have read most of what Tesla wrote on wireless power transmission and
> it's still a mystery to me how he thought he was going to do it.

I suspect that either we have an incomplete record of what he did, or
perhaps much of his work was not set down on paper at all.  People with
photographic memories will only keep notebooks for posterity, not for
their own use.

We really do know what Tesla was thinking about and how he planned to go about it... It really is just as simple and as easy as he described many times over... It seemed perfectly plausible at the time... But, the laws of physics and the values of the losses were waiting "out there" in the unknown ready to bite... It seemed like a "real good" idea then!!! We can't condemn anyone for doing what seemed right at "that time"!!

Cheers,

        Terry

*Forgive my "personal bias" on this issue if your's differs...