re: 20 joules at 100 bps vs 4 joules at 500 bps

Original poster: boris petkovic <petkovic7@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi John,

Thank you for the reposting your observations.
I seem to remember these reports and posts of you  on
TCML in the past,but couldn't find them in the
archives ( long ago I lost nerves for digging through
,and give up quickly).

> Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx
>

> a re-posting of another of my old postings from Feb
> 17, 1999
> regarding breakrate comparisons.  The coil was
> powered by a
> potential transformer.   JF
-----
snip>

> other>tests, I ran the coil > at higher power levels. At 600 watts at 120>BPS, > sparks were 32" long, and > multiple streamers formed. At>800 watts at 400 BPS, > sparks were still 32" > long, but were much>brighter. At 1000 watts at 800 > BPS, the sparks > coalesced into one>very bright streamer, of the same > length. snip> ----- This indicates relatively weak dependence spark lenght vs BPS rate even in 400...800 BPS range.At least, as concerns your coil.

The phenomenon of the arc coalescence clearly appeared
between 400 and 800 BPS helping  the succesive
funneling of charges and energy through the same
channel?
Obviously,more work is needed ,particulary on
powerfull OLTCs/DRSSTCs systems ,in order to establish
more facts .

regards,
Boris