To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 8:18 PM
Subject: VTTC question

Original poster: "Matt Whitman" <teslacoiler@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,

I have a VTTC in which I am using a GU-81M pentode. I figured since I only
have one I should get a backup tube just in case. So I found another GU-81M
on ebay and it was supposidly new, so I bought it. Tonight when I went to
try it out on the coil there is no breakout and a very little spark when I
touch a screwdriver to it. My question is: could the tube have slightly
different ratings so that tuning the coil would correct the problem or is my
new tube actually used and at the end of its life?

Matt Whitman teslacoiler@xxxxxxxxxxx http://web.a-znet.com/~teslacoiler/index.html KC2IEV