RE: Holes in the secondary

Original poster: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@xxxxxxxxxx>

This was a good question but I have been reading they replies and had to
jump in and ask it again to make sure. I know not to have any holes by
the secondary coil itself, but what about 3 to 4" below the wire toward
the base to help with support of the secondary ???  If that is not
clear, then how do I keep my 8" sonotube from tipping that I want to
build next.

	Rich

Re: Holes in the secondary

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 7/12/05 4:05:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>Hi All, > >I've read quite a bit about making secondaries. In just about all of the >instructions, it says NOT to drill holes in the secondary coil form. I >understand that holes would give a place to arc into (or out of). BUT - if >the hole were tapped and a nylon screw were put there, would the hole still >be a problem (since there wouldn't be a hole any more)??

Tim,

It's still best not to use the screw or hole.  Teh wire tends to corona
and burn things up.

John