Re: Holes in the secondary

Original poster: "Mike" <mike.marcum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I would guess so. Reason being electrons tend to find the tiniest of holes/weak spots. The hole with a nylon screw would be seen as a weak spot at best by the HV and most likely go right around the screw and burn a hole thru the threads if there a point of lower voltage or ground behind it.

Mike
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 4:03 PM
Subject: Holes in the secondary

Original poster: trwalters001@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi All,

I've read quite a bit about making secondaries. In just about all of the instructions, it says NOT to drill holes in the secondary coil form. I understand that holes would give a place to arc into (or out of). BUT - if the hole were tapped and a nylon screw were put there, would the hole still be a problem (since there wouldn't be a hole any more)??

TIA,

Tim