RE: Repairing NST's

Original poster: "alfred erpel" <alfred@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Mike,

D-limonene is the absolute best.  I bought five gallons several years ago,
and remember that it is relatively expensive (say compared to kerosene).  If
you have to pay for freight, that actually might be the largest cost.  If
you live near a chemical distributor you could possibly pick it up and save
the freight.

I bought a five gallon pail.  I've been picking up the phone to issue
purchase orders for  industrial items for over 30 years, but when I got the
old codger salesman on the line at the 'big chemical company' he quizzed me
on why I am buying this stuff.  His attitude and questions seemed odd to me.
When I told him it was going to be used to remove tar from surfaces, he
changed his demeanor instantly.  It was like I passed a test or something.

Immediately my over-active imagination decided that d-limonene is either a
precursor in drug manufacture or explosive manufacture. I need to check that
out someday.

Regards,

Al Erpel

[stuff below snipped]

What is the best solvent to use to disolve the tar?