Re: 7.1Hz, how the heck did Tesla succeed?

"Just observing what happens when a big TC is operated *near* an
operating
X-ray tube would be interesting.  I mean, drive the x-ray tube with it's
usual line-opeated DCHV supply, rather than relying on the intense
e-fields of the TC itself to provide the tube drive."

	At one time there were soft X-ray tubes specifically designed to be
driven by a Tesla coil.  I have (should say had - "all the vacuum leaked
out") a big old soft tube which worked very well when excited from a
small TC running with a couple of hundred watts input.  Punctured a seal
trying to run it from a VDG.

Ed