Re: 7.1Hz, how the heck did Tesla succeed?

Original poster: "Mike" <mikev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

HI Bill,
               Making reply from work machine, Mike here. Golka DID place an
X-ray tube on the output of the coil at Leadville, CO. He did, prior to the
setup, get lead shield plate from 2 old hospital X-ray rooms and had a safe
area with slots to look out from.
I am told the X-ray output lit off lights and so forth and there was a lot
of output; The X-ray tube was the rectifier, cold cathode type Bob had
built. I recently explained how to get the filament voltage up to the coil
top for more effective rectification.
Like in the old days when we crossed the base of hot broadcast AM towers, we
needed to feed the tower lights.
Winding a coil secondary with coax, with 2 conductors within it, like audio
wire, even 1/4 inch coax shield, will let the coil secondary be as usual but
the inside conductors remain isolated, can drive filament transformer, etc.
As the cold end of the coax, also the secondary winding, is grounded at the
base, you can feed remote power to the top via the internal wires.
So, while he did what you said with X-ray tube but cold cathode, it can also
be done with filaments.
As for the rest, well, beats me.
Mike