RE: Large Foam Toroids

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau@xxxxxx>

The foam toroid must still be covered with strips of aluminum tape.  See
the link below for details and photos.  When dealing with toroids of the
size being discussed, the cost of a spun aluminum toroid becomes
prohibitive.  Unless you're willing to accept the coarse corrugations of
irrigation duct, or the fragility (and corrugations) of aluminum flex
duct, the tape-covered foam toroid is the only (relatively) economical
means of getting a smooth, sturdy, large toroid that I'm aware of.
Having gone this route, I recommend it.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA