Re: Energy Equations For LC Standing Wave Resonance

Hi,

At 05:23 AM 7/9/2005, you wrote:
Now:

Let the total sum of capacitance for a series LC system be represented
by a spherical capacitor with the second plate at infinity.

Capacitance = 4pi e R

How do you justify this? It implies that 2 coils with the same radius will always have the same capacitance regardless of coil length. I don't see how this can be proven...

w = n/2 2pi C/ wire length = 1/ sqrt( u (Turns/2n)sqrd Area 2n/Length [Cap] ) where n = 1/2, 2/2, 3/2 ?.

Example:

With a quarter wave where n = 1/2  (1/2 a node represented) we get:

2pi C/4wire = 1/ sqrt LC   or C/ 4 wire = 1/ 2pi sqrtLC

This is Tesla?s classic quarter wave formulae. The rope resonance
model has allowed us to extend Tesla?s formulae to the general case.

Since the top of the coil is always an anti-node and the bottom is always a node in the case of a Tesla coil, we can use n = 1/2, 3/2, 5/2.... In actual practice, this only gives a rough estimation of the actual resonant frequencies.

Modeling Resonant transformers after the energy equations of rope
resonance has allowed us to develop an array of new coils, all of them
working directly from the drawing board.

Is there a case, where if one did not follow these rules, that the coil would not work?

Cheers,

        Terry

Respectfully:
Jared Dwarshuis and Larry Morris