[Fwd: (UK)] Licence to thrill

Original poster: dave pierson <davep@xxxxxxxx>

[I think there is a coil in there, somehwere...]Somewhat OT.... Nice Pic tho.... 8)>>]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/features/story/0,11710,1522060,00.html

Licence to thrill

Just how dangerous can theatre get? Brian Logan talks to the people who want to bombard audiences with fireworks and electric bolts

Wednesday July 6, 2005
The Guardian

Richard Wiseman's Theatre of Science show, Soho Theatre
Flash Harry: Richard Wiseman in his electrified cage. Photograph: Matt Writtle/PA

As a scientist, Richard Wiseman knows that great leaps forward are
seldom made without taking risks. Mind you, even Einstein might
have balked at Wiseman's current project. For 11 performances at
London's Soho Theatre, the Theatre of Science star is being locked
into a chicken-wire cage through which a million volts of
electricity will be passed. "If the physics are right," says
Wiseman cheerily, "it should be fine. But if something goes wrong,
I won't be walking out of there."

[yes, we all know volts don't pass thru....]
best
dwp