Re: Magnet Wire

Original poster: "Willem Bosma" <wbosma@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Zan and Harold, all,

Look at the different spelling:
polyamide = nylon,
polyimide = kevlar or kapton
This last one is used for very high temperature wire.
For us coilers also good for its double insulation layer:
The TC may take higher coupling before racing sparks occur.
Regards,

Willem Bosma

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2005 7:06 AM Subject: Re: Magnet Wire

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Zan,

That sounds like the Westinghouse Nythane wire that I used on my early coils. It's rated at 155 C. It will work fine.

David E Weiss

Original poster: ZanJohnZakIV@xxxxxxx
Hi everyone,

The magnet wire that I am thinking about buying is dual film insulated with polyurethane and a polyimide (nylon) overcoat. It is 24 AWG and is going to be used for a 4.5 X 24 coil on PVC. Is this the right thing to be buying? If not could someone please show me where to find the right stuff to build my coil?

                Thanks,
                Zan