Re: DRSSTC Field Plots

Hi Gerry,

At 11:19 PM 7/6/2005, you wrote:
Hi Terry,

Did you have your "trap" in series with the primary when you blew the H bridge this last time.

Yes. I "always" have the "protectors" in place these days...

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/notes/DRSSTCprotec.pdf

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pictures/ArcFilter-01.JPG

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pictures/ArcFilter-02.JPG

And how did the corona ring result in the failure.

I am thinking the "leader" ;-) broke out from the ring and hit the primary coil. It easily may have sneaked around the ground rail...

Cheers,

        Terry

I had discharge on my corona ring also and had to close the gap to maybe a 1/10 inch. Discharge disappeared then.

Gerry R