RE: IGBT Types

Original poster: "Jason Judd" <JJudd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Malcolm,

I am using the IRG4PF50WDs in my small DRSSTC. So far I have been
running them at 350 amps with a gate voltage of  about 30 volts. None
have been lost in the last 2 hours of run time. The system runs at just
under 1KW. I have also tested these IGBTs to 550 amps in an OLTC
previously.

My large DRSSTC uses the Powerex CM600 bricks, 25V on the gates, 2000
amps and about 2KW power draw. I have only broken one brick and that was
due to shoot though caused by a driver fault.