Colorado Trip

Original poster: gary350@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I just returned from a 3 week vacation. Thanks to everyone on the TC list that emailed me with tips on cool things to do and see in the Colorado area. I did not see any Tesla stuff while I was there I guess all of Tesla's stuff is gone now. I did get to see an old power plant in Georgetown that was built about 1900. We were in Colorado Springs on Friday. We spent Saturday in Leadville. We were in Georgetown all day Sunday. We drove up Mt Evans Monday it was one of the high lights of the trip. We camped and spent several days at Rocky Mountain National Park. We were in Glenwood Springs later in the week. Great Sand Dunes was really nice and the river water was very warm but too many misquetos. Mesa Verda was ok but not as interesting as I had inticipated. We spent 5 days at Arches National Park in Utah and Canyon Lands National Park in Utah. Needles was the best we must return there in the fall to camp and hike for about a week. Ground zero atomic bomb site in New Mexico was closed. White Sands New Mexico is an interesting place. Crossed the border at El Paso onto Old Mexico. Juarez is a real interesting place we bought 4 large sombreros. Carlsbad Caverns has not changed I was there 30 years ago. We arrived home 7pm Friday night. The 6 year old hot water heater in the garage blew up about 9pm two hours after we arrived home. Geeeees.....I am glad the hot water heater did not self distruct where we were gone. Everything in the garage is orange now that the rusty water has dried up. My 2 boys, the wife and I all had a great trip. I fired up my 10" coil last night the 4th of July in the back yard. I put floriscent tubes in a circle sticking in the ground in a 24 ft circle around the coil. All the floriscent tubes light up and the 12 ft arcs were really cool. My 2 teenage boys and several of their friends shot fireworks for about an hour. Earlier in the evening we went to the University Campus and watched the local fireworks display.

Gary Weaver