Re: Terry's Test - Two Manifestations of Charge

Hi,

At 12:31 PM 7/5/2005, you wrote:
Jim,
Your last statement doesn't make any sense to me. I realize that reactance is an AC phenomenon but you say resistance is a DC phenomenon. Surely you aren't suggesting that resistance doesn't apply to AC?
Paul
Think Positive

In the AC case, "reactance" is the proper term. Reactance takes into account the leading and lagging currents. "Impedance" is another generally used for situations where things are not nice steady sine waves.

I think Jim knows that resistance (pure) can apply to AC too :o)))

Cheers,

        Terry