Re: Streamer modeling

Hi Antonio,

I've been thinking about your INCA program that calculates breakout voltage given the geometry of a toroid and I think I'm remembering that the breakout voltage for a set of toroids with the same aspect ratio was proportional to the size (say major diameter). If the breakout voltage for a set of toroids of the same size (MD) but with varying aspect ratio was determined, it may be possible to reduce the breakout voltage to an equation where the input is major and minor diameters. If so, it might be very useful to add this to Terry's streamer modeling code to make it convenient to determine breakout.

Gerry R.

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

My code is using a breakout voltage to start the streamer. Maybe some
combination of streamer power and breakout voltage is the correct
mechanism.