Re: Towards the autonomous lifter - electrostatic voltage generators.

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Diode weight and number to could be kept down by (a) generating a
high voltage to begin with (not difficult) and (b) using passivated
EHT diodes (e.g. Philips BY712) encapsulated in heatshrink (done it a
number of times and it works well). I built a 4 (5?) stage multiplier
once which put out a spark of about 2".

Malcolm