Re: Air cored Tesla coils for high voltage?

Original poster: Harvey Norris <harvich@xxxxxxxxx>

> So my question could you make the transformers to > power a tesla coil be air cored? I should certainly think so, but the AVAILABLE current found on short is also a problem. A line coupled resonance has its source currents limited to the impedance of its supply branches. We need to use a fairly large inductance to make a supply of resonant voltage rise by source frequency resonance, but in turn its short circuit value will be that coils impedance as the supply branch. Using a 3 phase input from a 15 volt alternator output @ 480 hz I was able to set up two phases delegated to .15 henry coil branches of a series of ten 500 ft spools, producing a near 180 phased 45 fold q factor as respective voltage rises between the circuits. Now a high induction coil of some 20,000 winds of 23 gauge wire is used as a second stage of resonance, whereby it is given a plexiglass plate 1 -2 nf C value. This 2nd stage voltage rises another 8 fold beyond the first one. If we now employ the third phase as a resonance for a single spool of 500 ft @14 gauge wire, and bring that spool of wire in vicinity of the interphased high induction coil, by phasing laws the two currents made from respective resonances should be in phase with each other. On the interphasing circuit it is only the orientation of the LC ending wires connected to their source that determines whether that phasing will be identical or opposite to that of the third phase to be used in the air core relationship. The "interphasing" itself changes the phase angle operation, so that it is in between its outside source voltages. This then may be called a line coupled resonant transformer. It is found that this third phase coil of 10-11 mh will have a significant reduction of impedance when brought into the polar vicinity of the large induction coil. The third phase coil in isolation uses 10 uf for series resonance, but 14 uf when brought into mutual inductance with the larger induction coil. A 20 inch neon bulb can be connected to the LC interphasing midpoint as an indicator of high voltage. In this situation when an opposing magnetic field is created by the induction of phase three's air core influence, the lowers the hgih induction coil impedance so that less voltage is procurred from the interphasing, but alternately in favor of perfomance, the q factor will have doubled to 16, where formerly this was 8. In this situation all the alternator connnections to phase 1 and 2 can be removed, thus essentially the interphasing has been deprived of its line coupled source currents. Remarkably enough however the indicator neon still shows the presence of thousands of volts. The high induction coil has become the secondary of a source frequency air core transformer. It is seen that if the former line coupled circuit ends are brought together as a closed loop, the induced currents across the secondary will drop slightly, but that secondary will now exist as a power source for the third circuit as a tank circuit load. Remarkably in the circuit have being drived backwards by air core induction currents, the q factor of the .15 henry coil system is also apparently doubled. This becomes possible by virtue of the fact that the ideal theoretical q value of the system is seldom matches the real acting Q factor, where techniques to improve this acting q factor then become possible. It is the presence of these outside resonances as line coupled voltage rises when disconnected from its power source that serve as one ended sources of electron movement, for the internal circulation of currents across the interphasing, mimicing its actions as if instead it were a shorted loop. The advantage of exterior circuits also tuned to the induction coils resonance is that it makes a forced midpoint voltage rise, whereas if the LC interphasings were simply made as a closed loop, each side would share this voltage rise, and no midpoint would be defined.

Important experimental approaches might be possible
with 20 khz neon transformers applied to source
frequency polyphase resonant circuits, where instead
of large bulky coil systems, reaction vessels might be
lightweight. A situation could be made possible where
the electric field of one phases resonance reacts
orthogonally with the magnetic field of a different
phases action. The Lorentz force might be harnessed by
mechanical motion of a ring through the field
crossaction. If the interior LC interphasings were
tied in wye, all three capacities can have a common
point. On such a design an inside triangularly
connected plate serves for all three phases as the
connecting capacity; whereby a rotating electric field
surrounds the crafts midpoint, along with a
counterpart magnetic field at right angles, where
these fields would appear to be chasing each other, by
virtue of 120 degree phasings. It is necessary however
for charge movement to occur for a lorentz force
reaction force to exist; thus the purpose for a
mechanically powered rotating metallic ring within the
electric field. These thoughts are merely speculation
for using higher frequency AC for lifter purposes,
rather then DC.
HDN