Re: Theory acceptance- Displacement current?

"How do you "detect" the coupling coefficient of the
primary and secondary?  You can't, but you can calculate it from
other measurements."

	Depends on your definition of detect.  You certainly can measure the
mutual inductance exactly by passing a known current through the primary
and measuring the resultant induced voltage in the secondary.  Given the
inductance of the primary and secondary the answer falls out.

"This is a list for
building Tesla coils according to the old-timers.  It is not
about building coils according to Nikola Tesla's designs or
theories.  "

	I don't see that at all.  Some of the coils discussed here have been
almost exact replicas of some of Tesla's coils.  Golka's work for
example.  Problem is that if the objective of building a coil is to get
long and gee whiz streamers (which I think is the objective of just
about all of us) Tesla's designs aren't as good as more recent ones.
I'm not sure what you mean by building coils according to Tesla's
theories but seems to me that most of them are.

Ed