Re: Cheap bench psu.

At 04:12 PM 1/31/2005, you wrote:
Original poster: Kreso Bukvic <kreso.bukvic@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Modifiication guide is being written "as we speak". In the final step
capacitors must be exchanged.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 7:23 PM Subject: RE: Cheap bench psu.

> Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner@xxxxxxxxxxx> > > >Since I don't see tha anyone else responded to this, I would love to see > >some documentation on this. Ihave several old psu's to donate to a bench > >power supply. > > > I developed the mod originally and started a thread on it on the 4hv.org > forum. It grew out of some other work I did modifying an old 15v switcher to > use as an 0-30v bench power supply. I reckon the mod works on just about any > power supply controlled by a TL494. > > I was going to write a web page on it but I never bothered due to lack of > interest and worries about safety. >

There is an article in the Nov 2004 of QEX by Phil Eide, "ATX Adventures" that covers a lot of useful information about reworking PC power supplies.