Re: Big litz wire cables

Original poster: "Mike" <induction@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Litz is great stuff! In these sizes, somebody is going to have a really nice primary! Really cuts down on RF heating.
Mike

To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2005 1:11 AM
Subject: Re: Big litz wire cables

They are all snatched up now after 82 minutes ;-)...

Cheers,

        Terry

At 09:51 PM 1/29/2005, Terry Fritz wrote:
Hi All,

I found these in the trash at work:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/BigLitz.JPG

These are not like that little weenie radio receiver type litz ;-)) These are the big high power stuff used in like 250kW AC glass coating...

There are two of each color and about 15 feet long each of heavy "litz" wire cable. Made for ~50 to 150 kHz high current stuff. Probably nice for primary hookup wiring.

The two big green ones are 0.65 diameter and have a heavy silicon rubber insulation.

The two yellow are 0.47 diameter and also heavy silicon rubber.

These two's very soft silicon insulation makes them super pliable and snake like.

The two blue are 0.35 inch and have a thinner stiffer PVC type insulation.

They are all a little dirty and dusty but nothing a simple wet rag would not clean right up. They seem to be in excellent condition other than a little dirty. I grabbed them knowing I would need them, but after tripping over them for two months now.. ;o)

I just want shipping costs for them:

Two green $10 (heavy)
Two yellow $7
Two blue $5

I can get them sent early next week if anyone wants them. I think this type of cable is super expensive new...

Cheers,

        Terry
        teslalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx