Re: Variac brushes (fwd)

Original poster: "david baehr" <dfb25@xxxxxxxxxxx>

The brushes in this variac seemed to be a press fit, one I pushed out of its holder with just my finger nail , the other (it has two ) was a little harder and had to be broken out. I did pick up a couple of used brushes from a motor shop, and made a couple of attemps , tryin to make them snug, but not to snug in the holder, but each time they would crack. I'll pick up a couple more and give it another shot. $60 + is alot for a brush replacement, but, it may come to that. Thanks!! ,dave