Re: ignition coil driver

Original poster: Karl Lindheimer <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

There are numerous schematics available for driving ignition coils or even flyback transformers. Either type will certainly ignite the fuel/air mixture in your homemade jet engine.

try these links:

http://www.powerlabs.org/flybackdriver.htm
http://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/misc/016/
http://www.kronjaeger.com/hv/hv/src/ign/
http://www.powerlabs.org/igncoildrivers.htm

I hope that gets you started. Also, try searching the Tesla mailing list archives for information. This subject has come up several times over the years.

Good luck with your project.

Karl