RE: coil running of car battery(s)?

Original poster: "Derek Woodroffe" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>Do you wave a drawing of the driver circuit for ickle tess? this is exactly
what I was thinking of and I
>beleve that it is exactly what is needed.I don't mind using someone elses
brain work. I am just glad that my
>idea works even though I wasn't the first one to think of it! ;-)

I don't have a circuit diagram for that coil drawn up but basically the
ignition coil driver(s) are very simple ones like this
http://www.okay.dyndns.org/okhp/electro/igncoildrv/

The output of each ignition coil is then rectified by a string of 4 x by8406
diodes directly into the primary capacitance, then the usual spark gap,
primary, secondary and topload in a classic TC.

Cheers
	Derek