coil running of car battery(s)?

Original poster: Devon Ferns <dferns@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm trying to find out how I can go about making a small coil that could run off one or two car batteries. Has anyone done this? I would guess I need an inverter to go from DC>AC, but that's fine. Just wondering if anyone has any plans made up for this already, which I could look at.

This is for a university project which has to be demonstrated but, they want us to have CSA approval of anything plugged into the wall. That means that I will probably not be able to make a regular style coil running off of wall power.

I've searched around the net a bit but haven't found a whole lot of information on this subject, and not much on the list archives that I could find.

Thanks,
Devon.