new coil

Original poster: Motosk8er2@xxxxxxx

Well i tested my new coil and i wasnt all that impressed but hey if it worked everytime then there wold be no fun in it.....it would only put out about 2 inch sparks to a tin foil ball hooked directly to the ground on the coil... Then i was starting to get some decents sparks while adjusting it and i noticed a small glowing spot and then about 10 appeared all over the primary coil.......melted the insulation in spots....my dads theory is to much power for the coil. were going out in a little while to go buy some parts to reconstruct the primary.......any suggestions on the best primary.....ive seen flat pankacke like ones or a strait up one or even a funnel shaped one and also what is the best wire or copper tube to use.

Andrew