RE: 3 phase rotor question

Original poster: "Aron Koscho" <kc5uto@xxxxxx>

Hi Bert,

Gary's rotary converter should work fine. I used one a similar one to
power a large YAG laser (the one I gave to Phil). You will probably need
at least 10hp if this is one of those monster HVDC systems. My
experience has been a 10Kva converter will pull ~100A from the single
phase line.

-Aron

www.hvguy.com

-----Original Message----- From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 8:48 AM To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx Subject: 3 phase rotor question

Original poster: Bert Pool <bert.tx@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I have a heavy duty power supply that is 220 volt, 3 phase.  Would
Gary's
phase converter operate the transformer in this unit?  I bought  the
power
supply cheap, expecting I might could do the three phase cheat and make
it
work.  So, will it work, or did I buy a nice boat anchor?

Bert Pool