Re: Hello from The Newbie

"Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>

 > Paper and shellac are old fashioned but they work just fine.
 >
 > Ed

Good to know. I actually caved in and bought my first secondary today,
and it's wound on a cardboard tube, dried and shellac'd inside and out.

I know that doesn't fit with the scrounging I said I wanted to do...
but I'm willing to overlook minor details like that, sometimes :-)

I've placed a picture, and his specs, here: http://tesla.rcfriendly.com

Thanks!"

	That coil is almost identical to some of the ones I've built here,
except mine are a bit shorter and only have ~1000 turns.  Work just
fine.  I can't imagine anyone winding a coil like that for that price if
he was trying to make money!

Ed