Re: welder power source

Original poster: "Gerry Reynolds" <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Maybe a slight variation of this idea is to use the stick welder to power
the HV transformer  that in turn powers the TC.  May work but you may not
get as much out of it as with a variac.  I dont know what the maximum OC
voltage  one can get from these things with maximum output current.  I may
have to measure mine someday.

Gerry R.