RE: SIDAC Spark Substitute

Original poster: "Derek Woodroffe" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I used to work for a company that made igniters for arc lamps using SIDACS
as part of the trigger circuit, they are superb devices.

I tried using a SIDAC device, to replace a spark gap, with poor results,
They have similar DI/DT times as Triacs and that is what I put my bad
performance down to. I also tried them in an OLTC type circuit with a
capacitor and DC charging choke, but again with poor results.

I must admit to being impressed with the IC sparks though. They should work
ok in very low Frez circuits e.g cored transformers, or maybe big TC's

Interesting Stuff

Cheers
	Derek