Re: welder power source

Original poster: robert heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Bobby:    The output of a stick welder is only about 30 vo;ts. If you have a
secondary of 1500 turns with every thing ideal, which it is not, you could
not expect over 500 volts out. That would not be enough to make any visable
spark. Even a kicker coil tesla uses 115 volts to power the primary. 30
volts would not be a good source of power. Ignition coils are not an ideal
source, but they put out 36.000 volts which is much better than 30 volts.
     I think you should look for a better power source.
   Robert   H