OLTC Measuring Peak Current

Original poster: "Adam Horden" <adamhorden@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi All

I am currently rebuilding my OLTC. I have rebuilt the controller and
preliminary test show that it's working in constant BPS mode but the
interrupted drive needs some work.

I was wondering how I can go about measuring the peak current. I was
planning to measure it on one side of the capacitor bank (not the
neutral side)

I don't have room in the low inductance layout for my ion physics
current transformer (its about 6 inch dia).

I was wondering how I can measure the peak current.

Maybe a current transformer wound on a 1inch ferrite core?

Adam

Yahoo! Groups Links