From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: o-scope tuning of tesla coil?
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 15:30:04 -0700

Hi,

Get a simple signal generator like this one:

http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/Misc/TCT/TCT.htm

Probably just hook the scope across the LED. For the secondary, just hang a wire near the coil which will easily pick up a signal when the generator is near the coil's frequency. All the signals will change dramatically when they are near the tuned point. Just driving it all with a low power signal will not endanger the scope or anything.

Cheers,

        Terry