Re: MMC caps

Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

I get my MMCs from Richardson:

www.RELL.com

The best MMC caps (in my opinion) are the cornell-dubilier 942C series
(dont mistake these for the 940C series!!).  Just do a search at rell
for 942C and the whole product line will come up.  They only go up to
2kv, so you will need quite a few caps.  Rell has a minimum order on
these types of caps of about $75.  It would be nice to just order them
from CDE directly (anyone ever try?).

Any reason for needing such a high voltage?  Most hobbyists will just
run the caps using thier DC rating as the peak AC input voltage from
the transformer... Ive even ran a 16kVDC MMC with my 15/90 NST pushed
to 140V input.  Caps didnt seem to mind :-).

Steve W.

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 12:45:14 -0700, Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > Original poster: Bobby Amaya <dimon20042004@xxxxxxxxx> > > Hi everyone, > > Can anyone tell me where I can buy some good caps for > an MMC array? FYI, I am planning to build an array > rated for 40-80Kv. > > Bobby, > > ===== > >