Re: Terry's DRSSTC - Buss cap damage...

Hi Jerry,

That is a great idea!!

The damage was burning out at the interface between the 1/1000000 inch metalized film and the end plates. Very hard to see really unless you compare it to a good cap. The higher dV/dt rating of the 942 series (6x!) would probably prevent the damage. The value is 1/2 but that is not really important. The new ceramic caps will also take over the high dV/dt load and I don't plan on super short dead times now that seemed to have caused the problem in the first place.

When I ran the super short dead times, the caps must have seen some very high dV/dt that tore up the film connection. The cap still measured the same value and loss (low power meter) but the higher frequency properties must have "gone away".

Cheers,

        Terry