Re: DRSSTC Noise source found

Original poster: robert heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Ed; Large value capacitors have enough internal inductanve to become an open
circuit at high frequencies. That is why standard practice was to shunt
large value capacitors with a disk capacitor and to instal a o.1 u disk
ceramic at  each IC on a printed circuit board as close to the IC as
possible across the ground and power lead. In TC circuits where current
pulses are so high unwanted current pulses can cause problems not found in
low current circuits.
     Robert    H